Replica officially licensed by Ferrari® for Windows®
For the 70th anniversary of the most famous racing brand worldwide, Ferrari, Thrustmaster is proud to present the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition racing wheel. Combine the power of Thrustmaster’s cutting-edge technologies incorporated into the TS-PC RACER wheel base, created to enhance gaming performance, with a replica of the real Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel (officially licensed by Ferrari) for an incredibly lifelike racing experience.
This 9:10 scale replica of the Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel measures 12.6”/32 cm in diameter and is designed for total immersion in the racing competition world of Ferrari. Crafted of polyurethane and the same Alcantara material as that used on genuine Ferrari wheels, the wheel features 15 built-in LEDs* and 2 rotary switches for optimal ease of use and efficiency in games. Compatible with the Thrustmaster racing ecosystem on PC (Windows 10/8/7), the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition offers a number of Thrustmaster’s advanced technologies such as the external Turbo Power power supply, Motor Cooling Embedded system, and a highly-responsive 40-watt motor providing enhanced Force Feedback.
- Officially licensed by Ferrari for Windows, the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition’s wheel is a 9:10 scale replica of the Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel and measures 12.6”/32 cm in diameter.
- With a brushless Force Feedback system, a very responsive 40-watt brushless servomotor and Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending), the motor is able to support intensive use during long hours of e-racing competition without fading.
- The wheel is designed for racing competition with its 15 built-in LEDs* for tachometer function (RPM), and 2 rotary switches with push function. Its wrapping is hand-stitched and made of the same Alcantara material imported from Italy as that used on genuine Ferrari wheels.
- The external Turbo Power power supply features a finless toroidal-shaped design, providing 86% efficiency (vs. 65% efficiency for standard finned power supplies).
The LEDs feature are directly supported in most racing games. Updated list at: https://support.thrustmaster.com/product/tspcracerferrari488challenge
Realistic competition wheel design
The wheel is a 9:10 scale replica (12.6”/32 cm in diameter) of the real Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel. Officially licensed by Ferrari, it features a total of 25 programmable functions:
-Faceplate and 2 paddle shifters crafted of black brushed anodized metal
-15 built-in LEDs for tachometer function (RPM)*
-2 directional pads (D-pads with push function)
-2 rotary switches with push function, and 8 action buttons
Designed with hand-stitched wrapping crafted of the same Alcantara material imported from Italy as that used on genuine Ferrari wheels.
A powerhouse of technologies
TS-PC RACER is Thrustmaster’s ultimate racing simulator for PC racers. It faithfully reproduces the car’s response and track conditions.
TS-PC RACER is a powerhouse of technologies created to enhance gaming performance and offer a racing experience closer to reality, allowing gamers to be fully immersed. Key features:
- Metal top cover
- 270°–1080° rotation angle
- Industrial-class brushless 2nd-generation motor
- The TS-PC RACER’s motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless Force Feedback
- Motor Cooling Embedded system
- Field Oriented Control algorithm
- External Turbo Power power supply
Brushless servomotor technology (40 watts)
To provide a high level of performance, precision and comfort for highly-demanding PC gamers, Thrustmaster developed the TS-PC servo base.
The industrial-class brushless 2nd-generation motor ensures 50% more dynamics, and 4 times greater stall force than the previous generation. Torque is 1.6 times higher than the torque provided by the TX and T300 RS wheel bases.
Very responsive 40-watt motor for particularly dynamic and powerful effects, with enhanced feedback. The TS-PC RACER’s motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless Force Feedback and incredible velocity (dynamic torque): from long stall curves (STALL mode) to super-responsive zigzags (DYNAMIC mode).
H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) + F.O.C.
Field Oriented Control algorithm: H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) provides 16-bit resolution (65,536 values), while the new F.O.C. algorithm dynamically optimizes the response to intense torque demands. The motor responds dynamically and swiftly to increased torque requests, while switching and reducing power drops.
External Turbo Power power supply
External Turbo Power power supply delivers constant power and massive peak power to instantly respond to ultra-fast requests from the game. Toroidal-shaped to optimize efficiency versus heat at 86%, with a finless design. Peak power: 400 watts!
Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending)
Maintains dynamics with the new motor by ensuring that there is no overheating, while remaining silent. Provides 50% more dynamics and 4 times greater stall force than the TX and T300 RS wheel bases, plus heat dissipation via monophasic cooling.
Racing wheel, Turbo Power power supply, attachment system, user manual and consumer warranty information. Does not include pedals.
WARNING: California Proposition 65
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Bisphenol A which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/